Sunday 26 August 2007

North- Eastern Delights

Elaine, Tim and KP are now back from Sunderland, and have had a brilliant time. They brought back some of my favourite North- East fodder.

Here we have (from left to right) a pink slice (strawberry shortbread affair,) Sasparilla tablets (like solid dandillion and burdock,) a peach melba (my personal favourite- filled with cream and a bit of peach,) and the big thing is a stottie cake (unique Sunderland bread- very soft and best eaten with ham and pease pudding- not shown but in the fridge.)

Tim took the opportunity to go fishing when he was up there- and dressed the part for taking on the high seas.

KP learned to crawl backwards while she was away, and also started talking. She can now say 'bah, bah,' I am trying to teach her the words 'black' and 'sheep' at the moment.
Elaine hopes that Big William has noticed the outfit that she is wearing- as he chose it.

So now they are back at home, Tim wanted to try out his new trainers and go running with his daddy.

We had to stop for a rest whenever we saw a bench- Tim tells me that Grandad Stan does this and so we have to as well.

We also tried out Tim's new tent- which Grandma had sneaked into the car. It quickly became a mobile gas chamber as today is what Tim calls his 'Poo day.' Even the vented roof was not enough to stop me from nearly passing out- a trick which Uncle William has taught him I think!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home all.
Tim & I would probably be compatible running partners.
Hope to see you next Monday.
I'll bring my merrills(?)
m/g

William said...

I am sure the he couldn't possible have learned the finer arts of flatulence from his father...

william said...

Katie is such a photogenic baby! - You should send that photo to Calvin Klein!
I bet I am the only grandad who buys her clothes! I hope so.
Looking forward to some of those smiles in a few weeks
WRM

Anonymous said...

That's what I said a couple mos ago, KP has the neatest smile in her photos!

Di

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

My eyesight has really gone or you are attracting messages only Elaine(because it looks spanish) or Colin Frith (medium) can understand.I (large)obviously have no chance.Great pictures; Tim is ready to take over from Johnny Depp, and Katy P ready to take on modelling jobs.Stotties are available in York but not those other pink concoctions. ajen

Anonymous said...

Not sure what that foreign comment means..... probably just spam.

Bens Breakfast said...

Elaine has translated the Portugese comment- it's a bloke trying to sell everyone 'Bens Breakfast Blog' T-Shirts. If you would like one, I have some special paper for the printer which I can make any designs up from. Mine will be marked 'MADE IN ENGLAND!'

Gill said...

I asked a guy on the next computer what he made of that strange comment.
We noted the "blogroll"& suspect it to be a chinese firm trying to sell toilet paper, with "made in England"on every sheet.
I guess that E is right .