Sunday 2 September 2007

Le weekend

We were visited by a jet-lagged granny yesterday. She still had the energy to teach her grandchildren the finer art of blogging on Tim's laptop.

Then we went to Milton Keynes, and wished we hadn't. We always wish we hadn't gone there when we get there, every single time, and we never seem to learn our lesson. We almost had to re-mortgage the house to buy our lunch in John Lewis.

Today we have been to church, and then for a picnic to Brill Hill (yes it is rather brill as you can roll down many steep inclines, which Ben indavertantly demonstrated, and Tim did deliberately). Then Tim made pizza and rice pudding.

Tomorrow is my (Elaine's) book group. I can't wait. I haven't seen the girls for ages, and the book we are discussing is, in my opinion, fantastic. It is called 'The vanishing act of Esme Lennox' by Maggie O'Farrell. I couldn't put it down and I can't stop thinking about it.

For our own amusement, Ben and I have decided to publish this picture, taken on a skiing trip several years ago with Roy and Sian. I have just come across it and I can't for the life of me imagine why we decided to doctor it to give me Sian's teeth, and Ben Roy's teeth and moustache.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are the first people that I have ever met who have been to Milton Keynes for a second time VOLUNTARILY!!
W Jnr

Anonymous said...

Tim's laptop is great, presented no at all, apart , of course from not posting.
Was church to confess the Milton Keyes excursion?
Are you skiing uphill, Ben? Is this usual?
I see no problems with the final photo.
m

Anonymous said...

Big Tim goes to Milton Keynes every week, but then that's where his office is. Didcot power station was on 'The One Show' tonight. No sign of you, just 2 balding middle aged men playing the Homer Simpson role.