Wednesday 19 September 2007

What Exactly are we doing at the NEC sir?



Today I am having to finish of the remains of an old bag of Jordan's natural (from weeks ago)- the last of the Quaker's bit the dust yesterday. There is a box of new style Alpen in the cupboard, but Elaine has told me that I am not to start it. She told me last night that she had hidden it..... but it's where the cereal always lives. This is the first cereal location double- bluff that I have ever encountered!

Apparently if I collect 200 tokens, I win this large pipe!


Last night there was a discussion (on Radio 2- I really am not as young as I look,) about what constitutes the traditional English breakfast.

They came up with the following:
  • Bacon
  • Sausage

  • Grilled halved tomato

  • Fried Bread- cut into triangles

  • Baked beans

  • Fried egg

  • Black pudding

  • Mushrooms

Now I believe that they missed out on fried potatoes, cup of tea and buttered toast. It then struck me that I have not yet had- and reported on such a breakfast. I aim to remedy this in the coming months- although the thought of a breakfast like that makes me feel a bit ill!

And here is a cut out and make model of a.... answers on a postcard please!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fiat u-know

William said...

Is it a door?

Anonymous said...

Do you want Radio 2, a big pipe, a full English and a cardboard car for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Is it a car?
Can I bag the big pipe for your Christmas pressie?
I will do a traditional Wilkinson breakfast on 4 Nov - pork pie, mustard, hot buttered toast, marmalade & tea.
Will you take a photo & blog it to see if we can change the traditionalists.
It does have the advantages of not requiring a frying pan or being really disasterous on the cholesterol front.
m

Anonymous said...

Should I "get" the NEC quote?
I don't
I was reminded of pork pies when I ate those dumplings over in bigwilliamsworld. Same flavors in the meat but the pork pie is cold and the soup solid.
They eat pork pies hot in Yorkshire and the jelly is runny.
WRM

Anonymous said...

I presume that the censored photo would have explained the title.
I have had 2 replies from Dorset cereals, thanking me for referring them to this blog & informing me that they are considering starting one of their own.
I don't suppose that it will be a patch on "Ben's Breakfast".
m

William said...

I think I am the only one who will get the NEC quote although you heard it as well...

william said...

Was it the night I took you there to some Marley funtion to set things up?
Was it when I was teaching Ben to drive there?
Sounds like a reprimand of some sort.
Can't wait to see you next Wednesday at 7.00 for fish and chips B and E. after T and KP are abed.
WRM