Monday 17 September 2007

Quaker

I am having Quaker oats muesli today- it is my new favorite- especially the harvest fruits variety.

I cannot find a picture of the box, nor of a Quaker easting oats, so here is a Quaker looking pleased with himself.

I am a bit tired today as the neighbours burglar alarm was going off for ages last night- I played the caring neighbour and went out into the street to have a look, so they have all seen me in my stripey pyjamas.

I thought that it was about time that I posted another useful thing to recycle your used cereal boxes into- today it's the turn of the label dispenser.

I am even saving the planet! (I do not wish to receive the above as a gift thank you.)

And here is a very old cereal packet- do you know that some people out there actually collect them!

I also found this picture of the Birmingham Airport Maglev being taken apart- it has been replaced by a more conventional train

Right- 06:49, time to head off to work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they just scrap the maglev? I am surprised Richard Bransen didn't buy it.
looking forward to seeing you next week
WRM

Anonymous said...

So what's wrong with Dorset cereals then?
You are so fickle!
I think that quakers always look pleased with themselves, something to do with the lifestle.
How did you ensure that all of the neighbours witnessed you good deed?
Did you use a magliite or a police whistle?
Where are the instructions for the label dispenser?
I always save the boxes to take up you suggestions.
I don't recall seeing any steam trains at the airport.
m

Gill said...

You must be getting peckish again by now, Ben.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back on the blog. Have you seen the new Kelloggs multi-grain corn flakes, which seems a bit of a contradiction in terms ?, and Bran flakes are only 87p this week at Sainsbury's, but they are having a run on them.Quaker's cereals are quieter and best eaten among friends.ajen

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Incase it is of any interest to you, a while back i managed to find a british labels company who were selling their label dispensers at a really low price. If interested it may be worth taking a look on their website.