Thursday 20 September 2007

Mistake!

I broke the rules today and ate a bowl full of the forbidden Alpen Nut Crunch. One word...... disappointed. It is not as sweet as old fashioned Alpen, but does not even taste as good- which I though would be difficult to achieve and still be listed as fit for human consumption. It is a bit like small cardboard flakes with not many nuts or any crunch. I am still longing for my Quaker Muesli.
Here is an American breakfast- probably eaten by the same proportion of Americans every day as the English eating a fry up.




And here is a Danish breakfast- the best of the lot I think.
This is a Thai snack which I won't be trying by choice for any meal of the day.


And here is a bit more of a classic- just send the pictures to me when you have finished making them and I will make you famous (ish.)


06:49- time to get sorted.

6 comments:

William said...

Fiat 500.
Danish breakfast may traditionally look like that and I suspect it is more often eaten that the traditional enlgish as most companies provide that sort of stuff for breakfast at work once a week or so. It is another route to getting fat quick though. As for the cholesterol in a fry up compared with a prok pie. well the Pork pie may be more healthy, but it is still very fattening and plenty of cholesterol in them too.

Anonymous said...

No Ben, not the nut Alpen, uuughh. There is a fruit version with whole blueberries, bits of red cranberries and other assorted, non-recognisable fruity debris in a tasteful green box.ajen

Anonymous said...

Now you tell me!
I ate a small portion of pork (or was it prok) pie for breakfast this very morning, with mustard & buttered toast.
Actually, I did know that it was fat-packed, but Somerfield were selling them half-price.
I'll get one for B on Sat.
I hope that this is comprehensible to a multi-national readership.
I have generally found alpen disappointing.
This disappoints me.
m

Anonymous said...

Nut Alpen is far too brown.

Anonymous said...

JS have Quaker's museli on special offer - 2 boxes for £3.
I was going to buy you some but could not remember whether it was Quaker or Alpen that had the thumbs down.
I have found a rather exciting organic product for you.
Plain cereals + fresh fruit could be the way forward.
m

Anonymous said...

well, Iv'e never eaten that for breakfast when Iv'e been to Denmark. But they do have the super thin chocolate you put on your toast. It is the best! Yum yum!