Thursday 10 January 2008

No self control

I was the model of self-restraint with the Green and Blacks butterscotch last night when Gill was here. Sadly she has now gone home and I am alone with no will power. There is also half a bottle of Zinfandel calling me from the kitchen, it really smells as if it is going off and needs drinking quickly.



Thanks to all for the words of encouragement on the sleeping front. I really do need it, as KP was awake from midnight to 3.30 am on and off last night. Even Gill was kept awake. Quite what I am going to do when I need to get up at 6am to go to work I don't know. I was interested in P's advice about the cold, and will try some of her suggestions, so thanks for that.



As KP is a lot better, Gill and I ventured to Banbury today. We decided to start our diets by having coffee cake and full fat cappuccinos for lunch. I'm not sure I was supposed to mention that. There was much indecision from me (as usual) about whether or not to buy a half price Brabantia bin for the kitchen - Ben and I have wanted one for ages. I finally decided to take the plunge, and when we unpacked it at home, it wasn't quite the colour we had expected it to be. Only Gill and I could actually take the thing out of its box in the shop and still not see that it is black and not chrome. Anyway, it is staying put, and Tim was so pleased with it he had to throw everything in sight into the bin. I am about to throw the Green and Blacks empty wrapper into it.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of G and B's Butterscotch I think that was the nicest of the ones you sent to M for Christmas - it has been gone for a while now though.
You can buy it here too.
Good news about KP - you could also just crank up the heating a bit to put her on what G and I used to call "a slow roast"
WRM

William said...

We are saving for a babantia bin as well. Our current one is the size of a bucket and has to be emptied an average 13 times per day.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't realised you could get G&B in the USA. The Ginger is the best though, trust me I have tried them all many many times.
E

Anonymous said...

Brabantia chrome bins mark very easily, are very difficult to keep constantly shiny and without care are easy to dent, suitable only for people with obsessive cleaning disorders and/ or lots of time to polish them. ajen

Anonymous said...

Bin envy - a new low in blogging!

Anonymous said...

Paula's chrome brabantia is a credit to her!
I have a bucket in the cupboard & recycle supermarket carrier bags, acquired on the odd occasion that I forget my shopping bag (M&S in JS & JS in M&S)
B & E's bin is great & was a bargain.
I do have a large store of G & B chocolate, bought instead of a brabantia bin.
Butterscotch is usually best.
m

Anonymous said...

I have a brabantia bin, but not an obsessive cleaning disorder, had you guessed ? ajen

Anonymous said...

aj has an obsessive, leave the cleaning disorder & a fridge magnet that states that only boring women have tidy homes.
I don't think that I have sullied 2008 with cleaning, yet.
The Queen doesn't do housework!
g