Sunday 28 October 2007

Start Press again......

An update on life in the UK.
I have not paid much tax in the last week- despite buying some clothes and food.


We spent the day at a family photograph sitting- Tim would not actually sit, or look at the man with the camera- he also threw balls all around the studio for most of the sitting.

Anyway I am pleased with the contemporary feel of the samples we have got so far.



The photographer told Elaine that she was trying too hard and had developed a squint! (Was he coming on to her?)

We celebrated the whole very dramatic affair with a piece of "Broken Butter Biscotti" made by Elaine. (The recipe called it Coffee Cake, but it seemed to not rise in the least, and then broke into about 50 bits coming out of the tin.) The icing was the crowning glory- 99% butter, 1% icing sugar. The good news for me- as I don't like coffee cake, is that there was no hint of coffee taste in the cake- and our 'Camp' was in date!

We met our new Niece yesterday- Evie Scarlett is genuinely smaller than Tim's toy doll. She is wearing her parents out as all good babies do.

A quick car update- I got half of the money back for my latest breakdown.




We are going to play chocolate Trivial Pursuit tonight- as the chocolates go off on Tuesday........ oh and because we love to play 2 man Trivial Pursuit on a Sunday.


I put KP's curtains up this afternoon- no dramas except the assistance of Tim, which made the job stressful and protracted- I did consider getting a professional in, but his tax demands were not excessive and so I would rather do it myself.


For the coffee lovers, I now have a new tamper- which is the same as this one but more red.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it looks like a nerd and labels itself a nerd it's probably likely to be taxed like a nerd - the T shirt that is.

Anonymous said...

I don't fancy being tampered with.
Is that some sort of branding iron?
Flying B perhaps or did you have it personalised?

Anonymous said...

Is that G in the back of the first photo?
You should have given Tim the tools & let him put the curtain rail up.
It always worked with you & the curtain rails are still up!
I thought that tampers went with pipes.
What was Elaine trying too hard to do?
m

Anonymous said...

Use by dates, the perils of living off the reduced counter.
Butter Biscotti sounds like a winner if Mr Sainsbury cannot use it in his supermarkets, maybe we could use it as a weapon of mass destruction in Iraq, eaten or thrown.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Elaine is constipated... I suggest prunes...

Anonymous said...

You wait for a blog for ages then a very long one comes along.ajen