Friday 8 February 2008

Home Alone

I have clearly got something wrong here.... Elaine is out with some friends, enjoying Pizza- I am at home- no beer, no wine and no snacks, and unable to get out to the shop as I am babysitting.

On the bright side, I have been off work all week and have been to the following things which I often heard about, but could never go to:
  • Toddler gym

  • Pre- school (I was a daddy helper)

  • Primate music class

During the week we have also played football, been to a museum (not to be repeated for a few years as Tim was not particularly interested,) been to the 'Living Rainforest,' been to the garden centre and spent a long time playing with CD's- a current favourite pastime of Tim's. We have also made a replica coffee maker from the Brabantia bin box, and a sword (Tim had to go dressed as a Prince to his music class)

At the rainforest, we saw some interesting plants- this is an Arabica coffee plant- useful in the production of espresso!

This is an Avocado plant- the fruit of which are eaten in large quantities by recent retirees


We also saw a bird eating spider.



And an imperial scorpion.



These are actually edible- as are all scorpions, you just need to cut off the sting- and the venom sack (that ball at the end of the tail) and then munch away- a good source of protein. I would rather have a steak I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is not a "bird eating spider", it is most obviously a "spider eating a hand".
You can sure tell that you are now a parent - how to spend a week off.
I hope that you managed some quality time with the wife, as well.
How did you sate as a "Daddy helper"?
m

Anonymous said...

And, by the way, I ate a great many avocados before taking very early retirement as I often had one for lunch, eaten with a spoon.
They sold them in the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia for about
30p a kg.
I shall grow some in the garden. Please save your stones.
Any tips on cultivation?
m

Anonymous said...

A "primate music class"? conjures up visions of Baloo singing "I want to be like you,who? who? ".

Anonymous said...

Ogwxho [url=http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com][b]hermes online shop[/b][/url] hermes tie http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com Nxjxgr Ncfemm hermes sale